Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A clean start

This is not my first blog. I've had a couple before, and kept up with them for a while, but somehow lost interest in writing at some point. However, I'm willing to give it another shot and try, if possible, to stay fresh and topical.

Today I'm watching "Julie & Julia" and having a marvelous time. Julia Child is played beautifully and zestfully by Meryl Streep. The part of Julie is played very convincingly by Amy Adams. I admire anyone dedicated enough to take on such a task as to cook one's way through anything as fancy and serious as a Julia Child cookbook. I know she hoped to make French cooking accessible to the common cook, but deboning a duck, or actually making something from a calf's hoof? Seriously -- not happening here.

I do plan, along with my friend Ali, who is a fearless and wonderful cook, to try cooking some new cuisines, starting with Indian. Now, I don't know the different regions, but I do know the things I like, so that's my plan of attack. I'll start with daal, maybe a biryani or korma, and Chicken Tikka Masala. Ali makes the best Tandoori Chicken, sans tandoori oven, among other things, so I feel I'm in good hands.

That's it for today. I hope to write regularly, so please do leave your comments. Interacting with readers is very reinforcing. I do love to meet new friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment